Sunday, June 8, 2008

When I Am An Old Woman I Shall Wear Purple




I got commisioned to do this caricature for this lady Jeri's mom for her 75th birthday. She apparently is quite fond of a poem about when she's an old lady she'll wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go and pick flowers out of other people's gardens and basically have fun no longer having to follow the rules. For her 65th birthday she got a tattoo of a harley on her thigh with a red hat hanging off the handlebars, so!.. her daughter asked me to draw her on a harley with a purple dress and a red hat . She requested a license plate on the front with her year of birth and decided to use a 1975 harley davidson model for the bike. I could have played with the exageration more, but over all I am pretty happy with the outcome.

3 comments:

Ryan Matias said...

when i'm an old man i wanna wear purple too!

Stacy said...

Hey girl, your stuff looks good post more!!

justfrancesca said...

Hey, I remember you getting this commission! Great job